The School of Arts and Sciences transforms student lives through rigorous scholarship, artistic expression, and engaged global citizenship.
We, the School of Arts and Sciences, are committed to:
- an inclusive campus of diverse viewpoints, social and natural environmental stewardship, local action, and global thinking;
- recognition of the interconnectedness and transformative power of creative, humane, scientific, and social perspectives;
- excellence in scholarship and creative achievement in the arts and sciences;
- applied learning as a means to create broadly educated and engaged thinkers who are well prepared to improve their worlds;
- creating connections that spark new and innovative approaches across disciplines;
- shared and transparent governance across all units in support of an experienced and adaptable faculty;
- highest standards of integrity, civility, professionalism, and respect for all persons.
The School of Arts and Sciences will:
- develop interdisciplinary connections, study abroad opportunities, and community partnerships for twenty-first century global careers;
- deliver inclusive and innovative programs that foster creative and critical thinking, communication, collaboration, adaptability, and global sustainability;
- produce ethical, creative, curious professionals with a commitment to life-long learning and
- respect for the interconnectedness of knowledge.